Error 6150 occurs in QuickBooks when a user tries to open, create, or use the company file. There can be multiple reasons that trigger QuickBooks error 6150 such as.
· The QuickBooks installation is damaged or corrupted.
· You were trying to open a portable file when your QuickBooks is closed.
· There could be a possibility of a damaged company file and you might be attempting to create or backup a portable file.
· Another reason could be an incorrect QuickBooks file extension name.
· Lastly, you might be trying to restore a QuickBooks for Mac backup file into QuickBooks for Windows.
Here are some practical steps that you can take to eliminate QuickBooks error code 6150 also avoid its occurrence in the future.
1. Make sure that you have upgraded your QuickBooks to the latest version.
2. You may also check for the CryptoWall virus and any other malicious program that can also trigger error 6150 in QuickBooks. Open the file Explorer > QuickBooks folder and find the files that contain words like decrypt or instructions. Contact the antivirus experts to get it removed from the system. If you don’t find such files, that signifies there is no CryptoWall virus in your system.
3. If still the QuickBooks error 6150 does not resolve then you will need to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks on your computer.