Canvassing online traffic for your contractor business requires certain changes from your traditional marketing methods. The rules of the game in this new avenue of marketing are completely different. In online marketing, you have to divert traffic to your website and away from the competition. This is a subtle process with attention to lot of minor details. We had walked this path much earlier than many contractors had. This had given us the experience and edge over others in developing the right tools for canvassing online traffic in contractor business. Our aim is to share that with all fellow contractors so that the entire industry would benefit from past happenings, particularly during the present tough times.
- Be clear about focusing on your company vision. General statements like woman-owned, remodeling experts, etc. do not attract online traffic, though they are important in the overall picture.
- Position the company properly. This might require you to be very specific about what you do best. That could look like a narrow approach. However, present crop of people are quite choosy. They know exactly what they want. If the company appears to be too general, they just keep away from it. The buzzword is 'niche marketing'.
- Leverage your strengths. Your past performance, client testimonials, new programs, etc. are looked at with great interest by prospective customers. Provide as many of these positive aspects as possible in your website.
- Choose the right marketing programs. Since you are not an expert in online marketing or website designing, seek the help of specialists in these fields. SEO, AdWords, networking, web designing, content writing, bulk e-mailing, etc. are necessary in attracting traffic on the Internet. Utilize them to your advantage.
- Ideas on remodeling and home shows had not lost their relevance even in this online world. Advertise your trade shows and construction ideas boldly in your website. They would lure traffic to your website and to your shows.
- Networking and referrals play a very important role in online canvassing. Not all your fellow contractors are your competitors in real sense. Those contractors operating in different niche areas would be able to help you in your area of specialization. Take their help and reciprocate fully. The entire concept of our website is based on this principle only. When we say, 'a website for contractors by contractors', we mean it. We believe that we could all grow together by sharing our contacts and experiences.
- The money that you spend in online canvassing for your contractor business is never an expense. It is an investment for future growth. Remember this clearly.
- Prioritize your online marketing strategies. The significance of conventional marketing is slowly diminishing, though it would never vanish. Word-of-mouth business growth has seen its limitations. Localized advertising, niche marketing, focused approach, etc. required in the present scenario. Use the modern online tools like SEO, AdWords, networking, etc. fully to achieve this.
We wish to help you in your business growth, which is bound to happen if the slow revival predicted by pundits is true. The stimulus package of about $19 billion offered by the government specifically for the housing market due to the huge interest shown by President Obama would also provide more thrust in this. The Senate is considering tax breaks with a tax credit for new homebuyers to an extent of $15,000 for one year. This is the time to concentrate all your energies in preparing for growth in the slowed down construction market. Register with us now and we would counsel you on the steps needed to be taken in this forward direction.